Electrode-Puller for fabrication of intracellular Glass- Microelectrodes, Injection-Microelectrodes and Patch electrodes.
Fully automatic polishing of Patch electrodes after pulling and microprocessor controlled capable of:
- Pulling low resistance electrodes from thick-walled and thin-walled borosilicate glass up to 2 mm o.d. The electrodes are sturdy, reliable, and the instrument fabricates pipettes with high reproducibility.
- Pulling high-resistance electrodes up to 100 Mohms.
- Longitudinal distance of pull
- Force of pull, time controlled program
- Force of pull, distance controlled programm
- Time controlled or distance controlled heat application
- Power of heating, regulated by optical sensor
- Fully automatic fixation and release of the glass tubing
- Fully automatic polishing of the two tips
The DMZ-Universal-Electrode-Puller consists of an unique pulling mechanism which was developed at Institute of Physiology in Munich, Germany. It is nearly free of any friction and precise enough to produce pipettes with a tip diameter down to 0.2 µm. Although the device pulls on only one end of the capillary glass, it is able to make both pipettes equal by re-centering the glass tube after each elongation. With this construction it is possible to produce pipettes and electrodes for a great variety of different purposes. Additionally the device is designed to not only produce single pipettes, but to reproduce pipettes with the exact shape, taper and tip diameter immediately before use.