Mightex BLS-series BioLED light sources are modularized fully-customizable turn-key solutions for optogenetics, fluorescence excitation, and other biophotonics applications. Precisely-timed and high-intensity light pulses are required in optogenetics experiments to activate channelrhodopsins (ChR2, ChR1 etc.) and halorhodopsins (NpHR) in order to excite and inhibit neurons. To meet these requirements, Mightex has developed a proprietary “IntelliPulsing” technology to allow BLS-series sources to output significantly higher power in pulse mode than what the LEDs are rated for in CW mode.
- High output power
- Broad wavelength selections in VIS, UV and NIR
- Interchangeable liquid lightguides or fiber bundles
- Compact, machined metal housing with integrated heat sink
- Multiple mounting features for lab and OEM applications
- Locking electrical connector